The new Twitter profiles are here and they resemble Facebook more than ever, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. With Twitter's latest slew of updates we get a pleasant design overhaul and new ways for users to discover Tweets.
Key New Features
- Larger profile photos
- Immersive headers
- Best Tweets
- Pinned Tweets
- Filtered Tweets
Before you upgrade, you can read more from Twitter here.
Ready to make the switch?
- To get started, log-in to Twitter and visit your profile page or click here.
- Upload a new header image. Twitter recommends using an image of 1500x500 pixels and will automatically be resized to fit most reslutions.
- Upload a new profile photo. Your current profile picture may be a little pixelated after Twitter increased profile photos to 400x400 pixels.
- Pin a recent Tweet. Much like Facebook timelines, Twitter users can pin tweets to the top of their profile to increase visibility to your most important Tweets.
- Take a look at your Best Tweets and Filtered Tweets
- Best Tweets: Your Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your visitors can easily find your best content.
- Filtered Tweets: When viewing profiles you can now select which Tweets to view: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
Much of Twitter's appeal comes in the form of simplicity. These updates do a great job optimizing profiles for a variety of devices while keeping things easy. It may look more like Facebook, but it still feels like Twitter.